Thursday, March 7, 2013

Something I wish I could say to people when I first meet them who end up leaving without explaining why:

"Hello. My name is Jesse. You are probably going to feel overwhelmed as a result of something I say or do. I want to apologise in advance for that. I have one favour to ask you. When you decide to leave, be it due to exhaustion, fear, discomfort, a desire for safety, or simply lack of interest, would you be willing to someday tell me why? Not the nice why, not the why we have been trained to say and hear and handle, but the dark, disgusting, soul-crushing truth that sometimes people simply decide to end a connection? Of course it breaks my heart when this happens, but that is what my heart does. it breaks. it breaks at the silliest times, it breaks so easily. I am tender and brash, I cannot take what I give. Please, please, please be honest with me. And when you aren't, please be honest afterwards, someday."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's some truth, little boy: no one owes you shit. The entire world doesn't revolve around you and you will be MUCH happier once you give up this pathetic need to be acknowledged by everyone.

Yeah, truth is great, truth is awesome. But when you act like a passive-aggressive prick because someone doesn't want to deal with your immature, childish nonsense, don't be surprised that no one wastes the effort to tell you the truth. Which is that you aren't very nice.

The truth is you aren't sensitive; you're manipulative. You use your persona of nice, in-touch-with-my-feelings dude to mask some pretty significant personality flaws. Once you finally face up to that, you might have a chance of moving forward, of becoming a real and genuine human being. Until that time, you're just spinning your wheels.

The truth is you're young and stupid and you will grow up one day. But you aren't there yet. Stop pretending that all your angsty bullshit means something to anyone but you.

The truth is: actions speak louder than words. You can talk about truth and honesty and all that until you're blue in the face. But if you're rude and cruel to anyone who takes the time to get to know you, don't fucking be surprised to find yourself bitterly, pathetically alone.

Here's the truth: you're a phony.

Put that crippling truth in a fucking song.

Unknown said...

thanks! I recorded the song today. if you wanna a copy, just lemme know.