Friday, October 2, 2009

River and Girl (first poem ive done in a while)

Sitting, noticing, existing, being, living.

As people around me speak and move, im there, in slow motion.

Im in a Cmaj7 chord, drifing across a river.

I am a deep, slow river.

I no longer feel frustrated or upset with the logs and empty beer cans drifting across my back.

They spin and turn and knock into each other. They are busy chasing things.

Sometimes I enter a piece of driftwood and pretend I am one of them

Slipping downstream, spinning and bobbing up and down.

It makes me dizzy, so I look around, and I see someone sitting on the rocks.

Her eyes drift lazily along the river. She notices little things, bits and pieces as they float along.

I am the river again now, I play her my music.

My music is swift and loud notes combining to make something soft and steady.

She lowers her arm slowly into the river, enjoying the cool feeling.

I feel connected to her, she feels connected to me.

My crashing rythm enters her heart.

Her heart starts to beat in time my current, We are steady and strong.

No comments: