Tuesday, August 4, 2009

And I spent 80$ in the bar

and was it worth it? and... I dont think 8-$ goes very far these days. I can't remember if the bar ever existed- my memory of it is as nostalgic and wistful as a dream.

Bars are strange places. A place designated for breathing out.

IN a dream, you soak it all in. Enjoy it. Your desires, hopes, ideas, imagined futures etc. You breathe it all in. You are full.

Then I (you?) wake up. The world tells you what can and can't happen. So you hold your breath, you take it, you endure. your dreams aren't real, and the oxygen is slowly fading out of the air in your lungs.

Then finally- finally! You go somewhere to breathe out. Loud music. Laughing people, a relaxed social code where obnoxiousness, loud, sweeping gestures and unrepentant expression of selfish yet sincere emotion bursts forth.

A crowd of people all breathe out on to each other. Sloppy and happily crashing into each other. Your shit becomes my shit, everything feels like its in a movie, meaning is found. And it took 80$ worth of alcohol. It really shouldn't require 80$. But thats how it goes.

No comments: