Monday, January 14, 2008

Hello everyone

I have had a very interesting week. I showed up in montreal, and went to an orientation camp. there were lots of people. lots of snow. went crazy carpeting, which was really cool. I felt gaurded, but I made... not quite friendships but those things that are close. I felt a disconnect, but it was ok. Then we got to the house. the house is great. its the first time Amos (the town) has had a Katimavik group, AND the house is brand new. Its nice, but its only my second day, so I cant really say much yet. Have you ever heard of the Mountain Goats? Its a band. very nice stuff. They are overwhelmingly prolific. I think im going to study this band, in my crazy way. i will listen and take my time, and learn to play the songs, until I feel like I understand them. We walk to the corner store sometimes, its nice. Katimavik wont pay for junk food, so i buy that stuff for myself. Im really excited about finding out about my work project. Also, that one week I get to not work, and be House Manager. Instead of having a volunteer job, House Managers clean the house and make the food. they also buy the food and plan the meals for the week. One more thing. Me and er... hmm. I guess I shouldnt name the other Katimavik participants. Ill make up names for them, I think. Me and Michael are in charge of Healthy Living. that means exercise. We get money, and we can spend it on stuff like that. god, I hate writing about this stuff. i mean, its important for people who dont know whats going on, but what I really want to write about is what im feeling. "Song for Lonely Giants" by the Mountain Goats. thats what im feeling right now. I think ill go learn that song. also, Im in love.

No comments: